The key message was delivered by outgoing President Sheryl Thompson, who described the previous 12 months as a “Breakthrough Year”.
As you will hear in the podcast below:
- the “Deep Roots” and “Vintage Vignettes” programs were launched.
- CKTZ also produced “Rendezvous,” a French Language series for the National Community Radio Association that is now available across the country.
- CKTZ Initiated partnerships with the Klahoose First Nation, Friends of Cortes Island (FOCI), Cortes Island Museum and Theatre Quadra.
- An emergency back-up for the radio station tower, for power outages of up to 36 hours, was funded by a BC Gaming Grant.
- CKTZ held its very first cabaret (licensed adult night).
- CKTZ held 3 Lip Syncs: 2 on Cortes and 1 on Quadra Island.
- Much more….
A new Board was voted in:
President: Roy L Hales
Vice President: Barry Glickman
Secretary: Rochelle Baker
Treasurer: Julia Rendall
Member at Large: Leonard Woywitka