The Cortes Island Radio Society was formed in 2004 by a small group of believers. Out of this came CORTES COMMUNITY RADIO. Licensed in October of 2011, broadcasting at 80 watts from a height of approximately 400 feet above sea level.
We feature many live locally made programs as well as a very eclectic mix of automated music. Cortes Radios call sign is CKTZ-FM, and it’s frequency can be found at 89.5 Mhz. Cortes Radio is your community radio, also available on the internet at this website. Our streaming should work with most players.
Our Coverage Area
Our listening area comfortably covers, Cortes, Quadra, Maurielle, and Read islands as well as Campbell River on Vancouver Island and Lund on the mainland side. Cortes Radio broadcasts 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
- Station Manager - Howie Roman (since 2004)
- Technical Manager - Sean Cowell (since 2004)
- 25-30 volunteer DJs and programmers
Current Board Of Directors 2018/19
- President: Roy L Hales (programmer 2014; board member 2016)
- Vice President: Rochelle Baker (board member 2017)
- Treasurer: Julia Rendall (board member 2016)
- Secretary: Paul Fornier (board member 2018)
- Barry Glickman (board member 2016)
- Leonard Woywitka (board member 2016)