Cortes Community Radio’s Constitution is registered with British Columbia’s Registrar of Companies.
(Schedule A, Form 2, SOCIETY ACT)
- The name of the society is Cortes Community Radio Society and hereafter in this constitution and bylaws it shall be referred to as the Society
- The Purposes of the society are:
- (a) to offer the general public intelligent, innovative , entertaining and alternative programming
- (b) to provide local, minority and Canadian actors and musicians a broadcast platform on alternative, non-commercial community radio
- (c) to communicate the concerns, interests, and activities of the Northern Gulf Islands to the public
- (d) to give groups from the community an opportunity to communicate with the general public
- (e) to give individuals of all ages and backgrounds an opportunity to develop and use their creative talents on the radio
- (f) to provide an educational opportunity for community members to acquire skills in the broadcasting area
- (g) to establish an ongoing community radio station that can broadcast important information to the community in cooperation with emergency services
3. Upon the winding up or dissolution of the Society, any assets remaining after the debts have been satisfied shall be transferred to an organization having purposes similar to those of the Society
4. The purposes of the Society shall be carried out without purpose of gain for its members, and any profits or other accretions to the society shall be used for promoting its purposes.
5. Sections 3, 4 and this section of this constitution are unalterable in accordance with the Society Act.