The 2018 Quadra Island Fall Fair will be Sunday September 9, from 9:30 AM to 5 PM on the grounds of the Quadra Island Community Centre. Cortes radio will be there and some of our DJs will be providing their specific blends of entertainment. In the podcast below, CKTZ’s own Rochelle Baker talks to Sioux Hartlle from the fair’s organizing committee, about some of the specifics from this year’s fair.
Quadra Island Fall Fair
“There is something for everyone … The atmosphere of the fair is pretty darn happy. There is a lot of anticipation and a lot of focus because you have to hustle from event to the other or you might miss something …,” says Hartle.
In addition, there are all the exhibits and food venders.
- Grand Prix Zucchini Racing - Soup up your zuke, no drivers license required. Rules published closer to Fair date. All ages invited to race. Zucchini Race Rules (PDF)>
- Doggie Dash - who is the fastest dog on Quadra?
- Pet Parade - Promenade your pet in fancy finery or let it be judged by merit alone.
- Gumboots & Backyard Games - slow down and have some fun with these interactive games.
- Livestock Expo Tent - a variety of farm animals on display. (No judged animal exhibits this year).
- Cakewalk - Dance through a few hoops to win a locally baked, deliciously delectable cake!
- Eats and Beats - Bistro Style food, stop by for a graze and groove.
- Dunk Tank - Get ready for a day of daring dunking!
- Crosscut Sawing Competition - Here are the key ingredients: Sawhorses, logs, crosscut saw, team of two, rhythm.
- Jump Park - Feel that vicarious adrenaline rush while to cheering on our local Sprockids.
- Strong Wo/Man Competition - Watch local super heroes perform Herculean feats of strength, speed, and agility.
- Skate Park - Cheer on our local kids as they give us their best tricks, twists & jumps.
- Pony Rides - Rides will be 12:00- 2:00–pm each rider will have 5 - 10 minutes on one of four horses. Ride passes will be available on Fair Day.