Fishing was once a cornerstone of British Columbia’s economy, but we’ve been hearing stories of diminished runs and out of work fishermen for years. On Cortes Island, the fishing industry seems to mostly be spoken about in the past tense. Where have all the salmon gone?
Episode #4: Where Have All the Salmon Gone?
- Ken Hanuse, Klahoose First Nation
- Lynne Jorden, curator of the Cortes Island Museum
- Joe Jordan, a retired fisherman
- Ray Kendall, a former marine biologist, fisherman and former panel member for the Pacific Salmon Commission
- Cec Robinson, Cortes Island’s streamkeeper
- Jennifer Nener, the regional director of salmon, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada